Are you taking care of your teeth and gums this holiday season? If not, there is no better time to start than right now. The holiday season can bring with it increased risks for oral health hazards that can damage your teeth. Don’t let your smile suffer this season. Avoid these holiday hazards to make your season shine:
- If you are considering have your tongue pierced, many metal bars and brackets used for cosmetic piercings can easily crack or chip your teeth.
- If you are considering sports such as ice skating, skiing, always remember to wear a mouth guard.
- Hard candies are a staple of most holiday treats, so be cautious when biting into them, or you may suffer an oral accident.
- As candy canes become larger and larger, the risk of tooth damage becomes greater and greater.
- Try to avoid chewing on ice this winter. Ice cubes, hard snow, and icicles can all crack, chip, or damage your teeth.
- The holiday season can be stressful at times, but don’t resort to biting on your nails, which can fracture your teeth.
Take care of your teeth and gums this holidays season, and they will reward you with many more joyous seasons to come. To make an appointment with Dr. Steven F. Driggers, DDS, please call our Sonshine Family Dental team in Avon, Indiana, at (317) 271-1330 today!