Do you ever wake up in the night and not sure what woke you? The truth may be that you silently suffer from a sleep disorder such as sleep apnea or bruxism. Sleep apnea occurs when natural breath during sleep is disrupted. For bruxism, a person grinds or clenches their teeth, often while asleep, in a method that can easily lead to other sleep disorders, including sleep apnea.
Listed below are a few indicators of bruxism:
– Grinding or clenching your teeth loudly while you sleep could be a sign of bruxism.
– Teeth that are heavily worn down could be a sign of bruxism.
– Tooth enamel that has been worn down could be a sign of bruxism.
– An increase in tooth sensitivity could be a sign of bruxism.
– Jaw pain, face pain, and dull headaches could be signs of bruxism.
– Indentations on your tongue or damage to your inner cheek tissue caused by your teeth could be signs of bruxism.
– A locked jaw that cannot open or close completely could be a sign of bruxism.
Sonshine Family Dental has a highly-qualified staff to help you fight bruxism. If you would like an appointment with Dr. Steven Driggers to discuss treatment options, please contact a member of our team at (317) 495-9537. Our office is located in Avon, Indiana. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you are looking for!